The Langtafel is an annual highlight and beloved tradition for many Woordfees enthusiasts. It is at this long table under the old oaks in Ryneveld Street, where the Toyota SU Woordfees will announce its festival plans and dates for 2022. There will be a performance by the internationally celebrated Stellenbosch University Choir, live music, great picnic food and wine. Many of Stellenbosch’s best restaurants will be catering, and guests can choose the restaurant segment of the long table at which to eat
How the Langtafel works:
- Guests are only allowed to choose one menu from one restaurant. It is not possible to create an own menu with choices from the various menus.
- Guests will only be able to sit at the tables of their chosen restaurants. If you have, for instance, bought a ticket for the Hussar Grill menu, you can’t be served at the De Warenmarkt table. Friends who would like to be seated together, will have to decide together on a restaurant. In other words. if you purchase a ticket for a certain menu, you have reserved a seat at the long table segment of that restaurant.
- Each restaurant will prepare a picnic box. Click on the various restaurants below to see what’s in the box.
- If you require a halaal meal, you can choose the halaal option at any of the restaurants. Your halaal meal will be prepared by The Chalk Board which offers two halaal options. One with meat and one vegan picnic box. When you opt for halaal, you can sit at the table of the restaurant where you ordered from, and the halaal meal will be brought to you. The Chalk Board supplies halaal catering to all the restaurants but does not have a dedicated table.
- You can purchase wine from Kleine Zalze and/or Somerbosch with your ticket at an extra cost. Your ticket will then be scanned as proof of purchase at one of the bars at the venue.
Please note: You will need your ticket to get your pre-purchased wine.
- You don’t need to buy wine with your tickets. Stellenbosch Wine Routes will supply a selection of wines which we be available at a cashless bar at the venue. There will also be a coffee stand where guests can pay with card or SnapScan.
- Please note: The price of your ticket includes food as well as the cost of entertainment and infrastructure for the evening.
See the picnic menus here:
The Hussar Grill
Click here to download The Hussar Grill’s picnic menu in PDF.
Click here to download Spier’s picnic menu in PDF.
Eike by Bertus Basson
Click here to download Eike by Bertus Basson’s picnic menu in PDF.
Click here to download Blaauwklippen’s picnic menu in PDF.
Click here to download the De Warenmarkt’s picnic menu in PDF.
Halaal catering by The Chalk Board
Click hereto download the Halaal catering menus by The Chalk Board in PDF.